Serama Council of
Welcome! If you are a member, please login. If you are not a member, you may look around at some of our eduational materials.
Basic Information about the
Serama breed, different types,
colors and FAQ
Check out upcoming shows and online educational events
Breeder and Sale Ads
Browse our ads for SCNA breeders and classified ads for birds for sale
Become an SCNA Member
Earn Exhibition Points
SCNA Members earn points at all SCNA sanctioned shows. These points accumulate to earn awards such as Exhibitor of the Year and Breeder of the Year.
Exclusive Web Content
Paid Members can login and view breed standards, apply for show sanctions, have access to many documents, printable brochures, member directories and learning resources.
Virtual Shows and Judging
Periodic online virtual shows and monthly judging opportunities for all members to test their skills and learn what to look for in a quality bird.
Join Today !
Goals and Objectives
- To create and foster a spirit of understanding among the people involved and interested in the Serama breed in all its types and varieties.
- To encourage people to serve the Serama poultry fancier’s community without personal gain and promote high ethical standards in the commerce, industry, professions, public work and private endeavors related to the Serama breed.
- To do all possible to bring the natural qualities of the Serama breed to perfection through selective breeding.
- To educate members and urge breeders to adhere to the standards of the breed types as approved by SCNA.
- To pursue the acceptance by The American Poultry Association (“APA”) and the American Bantam Association (“ABA”) of the American Serama for showing and judging purposes, and to support the addition of new varieties for acceptance.
- To encourage the breeding and showing of the Traditional and the Ayam Serama in Table Top only.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at meets, matches and shows.
- To sponsor and conduct national, district and state meets, sanctioned matches, and specialty shows under the rules of the SCNA.
- To assist, encourage, and help educate the junior poultry enthusiast in the sound and practical value of breeding the Serama to a Type Standard.
- To encourage the development of Table Top Serama shows as a window of education for both breeder and public, and as a means to interest young future breeders into becoming SERAMA poultry fanciers themselves.
**This article is the opinion of the author and is not veterinary advice.**All antibiotics for chickens (approved and off label) have been pulled from OTC sales. BUT there are still places to purchase them if you know where to look.The reason that they were pulled...
Currently, the American Serama has three accepted varieties with the American Bantam Association (ABA). They are the white, black, and exchequer varieties. With the qualifying meet for the blue and splash varieties of the American Serama scheduled, I thought it may be...
We hope your holidays are filled with laughter & love. We wanted to share what's been happening up here in Alaska. We have had some greatthings happen during 2021. In March we participated in Spring into Serama Virtual Show for Districts 6, 7, 8, & 9. Alaska...
Get In Touch
Get In Touch
PO BOX 159
Vacherie, LA 70090